Captain America Car Redo

dsc_0596

Well…It has been WAY to long since I have written a post.  I got distracted by life, but realized I had a few projects I’ve been waiting to blog for a long time.

My nephew loves superheroes.  So I decided to do a Captain American car redo for his present.  I must say, I think it turned out great.

A few notes about what I did.  I started by disassembling the car the best I could, I found this at goodwill for $15.oo.  It kind of just snapped apart. I’m not going to lie, I was a little worried about it all fitting back together.  Then I sanded this lightly. I think this is key although I would use a very light sand paper, I used a little rougher one and you could kind of see the scratch marks. I did use my silhouette to do the cutting, I used chipboard/old cereal boxes as the templates.  We did a lot of touch up painting, because we had trouble with bleeding.  I would definitely use vinyl next time :).  I made the shield with a dog frisbee and cut out the shapes with my silhouette then modge podged over it.

Before it was kind of a mess 😦 Sad little car!dsc_1042

The front wheels didn’t come off so I covered them with plastic before spray painting. dsc_1046

My sweet hubby helping me!dsc_1117

dsc_1112

Tape this with really good painters tape!!dsc_1111dsc_1109dsc_0602

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s