Baseball Stadium Cake

Yet another baseball cake!! What can I say my nephew really loves baseball.  This year I went for a stadium.

I wish I had gotten pictures of how I stacked the cakes but unfortunately I did not.  I used the grass tip for all the buttercream and fondant for the decorations.  The “stands” are rice krispie treats and fondant.  I used royal icing for my “glue” to get the sprinkles to stick.  I think I turned out pretty good although I would spend a little more time perfecting the stadium next time.

Hope this gives someone a different idea 🙂 dsc_0910

Starwars Birthday

We did a combined party this year for my step kids.  They decided mutually on Starwars. It was really fun to plan, and was a great boy/girl party!

dsc_0687

I painted these figures on MDF.  It was fun and pretty easy. dsc_0689dsc_0690dsc_0692dsc_0693

We made Leia outfits and Jedi outfits for all the kids to wear, complete with pool noodle light sabers. dsc_0697dsc_0703

We played “the force” game.  We just drilled holes in a frisbee attached rope and then put a ball on it and had the kids try to lift this all together.

dsc_0718dsc_0743dsc_0748

We played storm trooper egg race.  I just drew storm trooper’s faces on the eggs, the kids loved it. dsc_0757

 

 

Starwars Cake

For my stepkids 11th and 13th birthday we did a Starwars theme this year.  I made the cake…this was the biggest, heaviest cake I’ve made yet.  

This was my first time making fondant myself and it was easy and tasted great!  Although I did not make the black fondant. Black fondant is a pain to tent. 

For the Yoda head I used half a ball cake and used fondant over it. On the Chewy part I used a grass tip to make his fur (this tip is amazing for a lot of things). R2-D2 was pretty easy. 

My stepkids loved it and I loved it!  I’ll be posting their party soon!  It was a really fun party to plan!

DSC_0684.JPG

Captain America Car Redo

dsc_0596

Well…It has been WAY to long since I have written a post.  I got distracted by life, but realized I had a few projects I’ve been waiting to blog for a long time.

My nephew loves superheroes.  So I decided to do a Captain American car redo for his present.  I must say, I think it turned out great.

A few notes about what I did.  I started by disassembling the car the best I could, I found this at goodwill for $15.oo.  It kind of just snapped apart. I’m not going to lie, I was a little worried about it all fitting back together.  Then I sanded this lightly. I think this is key although I would use a very light sand paper, I used a little rougher one and you could kind of see the scratch marks. I did use my silhouette to do the cutting, I used chipboard/old cereal boxes as the templates.  We did a lot of touch up painting, because we had trouble with bleeding.  I would definitely use vinyl next time :).  I made the shield with a dog frisbee and cut out the shapes with my silhouette then modge podged over it.

Before it was kind of a mess 😦 Sad little car!dsc_1042

The front wheels didn’t come off so I covered them with plastic before spray painting. dsc_1046

My sweet hubby helping me!dsc_1117

dsc_1112

Tape this with really good painters tape!!dsc_1111dsc_1109dsc_0602