My husband had this cute set before we were married. We don’t use it often, usually for nieces and nephew when we need extra seating. I decided that they were looking a little to worn and to be honest ugly so I decided to give them new life!
I bought spray paint and one large felt backed table cloth, I got the table cloth for $2.50 on clearance. SCORE! This project cost under $10 total! Most of the cost was in the spray paint.
This it before…you can see two of the seats were covered in duct tape 🙂
I started by taking off all the pieces. I taped all the bottom black pieces with blue painters tape.
I kept all my screws in a bowl so I wasn’t searching for them in a couples days when I was trying to get them back on.
I didn’t get a pictures of me painting the table and chairs, but I used spray paint for this project.
Next I started stapling the new cover on. A few tips you can learn from my mistakes. Put the table cloth in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes….it will get all the creases out! I used the staples that were in my staple gun, they ended up being a little to long so I had to go back with a hammer and smash the ends down, it left a few tiny holes in my new material but it still turned out great! Try to fold your edges like a present then pull it in tight.
Ta da! So much cuter now!
When we moved last year something that was on my “must list” was a mud room. I love this area! It so nice to have a drop zone area when we walk in from the garage! When we moved in there was nothing except the bench.
My hubby put up the awesome shelves, and hooks. I love how it turned out!
I love our awesome industrial washer and dryers, the only problem is how ugly they are! So I decided to give painting them a try! I am not going to lie, a few coats in I was freaking out a little! I ended up doing 6 or 7 coats. I did a primer of Kilz first and then started layering my red paint on, I used roller and small paint brush for details. After I got done painted I cut some vinyl on my silhouette cameo and added it on the washer and dryer!
After a few months I noticed how scuffed up the bench was getting so I decided to cover it with a foam cushion to protect it a little!
I really love how it turned out and love the fun colors!
I love having a freezer in the garage to hold all the extra’s that don’t fit inside. The only problem is that I am short, and its a little difficult to dig to to bottom of our freezer.
So I decided to clean it out recently, I was surprised by all the things I had hiding in the bottom out of my reach! AHH! What a waste, most of it was expired 😦
I decided to fix the problem with chalkboard paint! I tapped off the edges and used 4 coats of chalkboard paint. I rolled it with a small foam roller, I did each coat in an opposite direction and it came out nice and smooth!